Cash, prizes handed out during Big Bass Bonanza tournament
More than 100 anglers came out and participated in the Honest Mike Outdoors Big Bass Bonanza tournament powered by Connect Outdoors this past weekend.
The tournament was held on beautiful Lake Cumberland in Kentucky on Oct. 10 and 11. It was held at the Conley Bottom Resort and saw 143 fishermen register. All the participants were competing for cash and prizes.
“We gave away $1,500 each hour plus other bonuses like a bonus card hour where we gave away extra money,” said Jeff Bunch, National Sales Consultant for Connect Outdoors. “People had a chance to double their winnings during certain hours. It was a great event.”
Luke Schmits of Alexandria, Kentucky caught a 4.90-pound smallmouth bass which took home biggest catch of the tournament. It was caught within the first hour of the first day of the tournament out of an aluminum boat with a 50-horsepower engine. No one was able to snag a bigger fish during the tournament and Luke took home a large cash prize.
Cash prizes were awarded to five places each hour. Participants in the tournaments utilized the Connect Leaderboard to keep up with tournament results, even while on the water. This way they could see where they placed and who was currently in the lead.
Anglers were also awarded hourly payouts which were visible through the Connect Leaderboard.
Below are the hourly winners on Day 1:
- Luke Schmits caught a 4.9-pound bass in the 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. hour.
- Nick Devore caught a 4.42-pound bass in the 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Bonus Bluff Hour.
- Alex Clark caught a 3.79-pound fish in the 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Bonus Card Hour.
- Nick Devour caught a 4.13-pound bass in the 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Bonus Bluff Hour.
- Doug Burton caught a 3.42-pound bass in the 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Bonus Card Hour.
- Alec Coffey caught a 4.02-pound bass in the 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. hour.
- Eddie Frey wrapped up day 1 by catching a 3.72-pound bass in the 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. hour.
And the winners from Day 2 were:
- Dusty Hon started off the day with a catch of 4.27-pounds in the 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. hour.
- Edward Davis caught a 3.33-pound bass in the 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Bonus Bluff Hour.
- Dakota Bell hauled in a 3.28-pound bass in the 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Bonus Card Hour.
- Matt Salmons caught a 3.71-pound bass in the 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Bonus Bluff Hour.
- Jeff Walls caught a 3.51-pound bass in the 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Bonus Card Hour.
- Billy Hall caught a 4.09-pound bass in the 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. hour.
- Kendall Robinson caught a 4.71-pound bass in the 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. hour to wrap up the tournament.
Connect Outdoors will be hosting another tournament on Lake Cumberland in November of 2021. We thank all the participants and extend a special thank you to Conley Bottom Resort for being such great hosts.